Tuesday, April 21, 2009

oh the memories...

fantastic piece on EW listing the best of Rob's commentary on the DVD, which is basically everything. a few of my (and our) favorites...

24:30 Bella confronts Edward in the hospital and he tells her what she thinks she saw happen in the parking lot is wrong. "The moral of this scene is never trust a guy who plucks his eyebrows. You know, there's always something up. Something suspect."

Pattinson: I look haggard. Might as well recast. [Laughs]
Hardwicke: Yeah. I'm sure we can do better now. [Laughs]
Pattinson: Yeah, yeah, definitely. Yeah, it made money now. "Where's Efron?" [Laughs]

28:35 Edward follows Bella to the bus after the greenhouse visit.

Pattinson: See, that's when I had pecs.
Hardwicke: Yeah, baby.
Pattinson: I had pecs about two days.
Hardwicke: Yeah, you're lookin' good here.
Pattinson: I bet you that everyone would hate me. I mean, I just look at me walking around with, like, my little peacoat on, little customized peacoat....
Hardwicke: Well nobody talks to you. Nobody hangs out with you.
Pattinson: It's true. That's why. It's like he's always looking in the mirror all the time

30:34 Pattinson admits that he tells people the shot of him kicking up the apple is real. "Well basically, you gotta get the right angle. You gotta get it right on the instep." (They used a string, and it took him many, many takes.) Hardwicke says she used to ask if he was practicing his Hacky Sack because she wanted it to be more elaborate -- e.g. bounce it off of two knees and an ankle and then catch it. "People would be in hysterics if they saw that," he says. "It's like, wow, he's a superhuman moron.... So he wears lipstick, has a little bouffant, and does little circus acts as well. Oh, he's so se[xy]." I think he was going to say sexy, but Stewart interrupted him to compliment the accent he used to say bouffant.

37:17 The girls plan their trip to Port Angeles to look for prom dresses, while sunning themselves. "Girls, you know it's all just a game to them, relationships," Pattinson says. "Just go around stomping on everyone.... I mean, look at this poor guy in the background with his collar up. You know he's just gonna get ruined by women." (kaycob says: like the way you have ruined our lives forever ROB?!?!?)

39:35: Edwards pulls up to save Bella from the bad humans (pictured).

Pattinson: [In prissy voice] "Now listen, guuuyyysss!"
Stewart: See, I knew you were gonna start saying something about this, but I think you look very scary.
Pattinson: "Come on guys. Let's all, come on, let's be simple about this."

40:35: They show up at the restaurant. "Sometimes I think I look like I've had facial reconstructive surgery, like after burns or something," Pattinson says. "My whole head is like I've had a face lift." ("A bad one," Hardwicke jokes.) Pattinson says he was trying to "be really sexy" to one of Bella's friends in the scene, and the actress just kept cracking up. "How were you trying to be sexy, Rob?" Hardwicke asks. "I really don't know in fact. The more I look at it, I had no idea what I was thinking."

48:50 Bella figures out what Edward really is, and sees him in the schoolyard before heading into the woods. "This is a good look. I'm gonna mess him up," Pattinson praises Stewart. "And I'm just like, I don't know what's going on? Where am I? I just walked out of a flower bed in this scene as well.... I was standing in the flower bed and then walked out it and then stopped and looked confused.... If I didn't have contact lenses on, that was a really spectacular look I just did.... I should have had million thoughts, like Hamlet."

1:14:18 Finally, the kissing scene. Hardwicke says, "I have heard from, um, people of all ages, that this scene kinda gets 'em goin'." It certainly works on 33-year-olds. Or so I have, um, heard.

Pattinson: This is quite difficult 'cause I have a really flat head, and so it's quite difficult to get a correct angle," Pattinson says. "And you can't go up from down below as well, 'cause I've got, like, rock solid gelled hair. And so, like, it was odd. I don't know, sometimes I feel like my head is being, like, turned inside out. Like that episode of Ren & Stimpy when he's inside his own belly button. [Stewart laughs] I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. that was AWESOME kaycob! those pecs will come back at the clock tower scene...Damn that man who ruined my life! lol

    ReplyDelete