Wednesday, July 15, 2009

dangerous in oc

from the examiner:
A Short Chat with Bobby Long
Several weeks ago, I introduced you to the talented British musician Bobby Long. Long is just a week and a half shy of launching his 80-date Dangerous Summer Tour and he was kind enough to engage in a little e-mail chat with me. Read on to find out what Bobby’s looking forward to on this tour, his visit to the Windy City, and those mysterious YouTube videos that are (sadly) missing his face!
full interview and a list of all the tour dates from the examiner after the break!


You’re kicking off your Dangerous Summer Tour on the 26th in NYC and this tour is infinitely larger than your US tour in April. How are you feeling? Excited? Nervous?

I just want to get out there to be perfectly honest. I’m feeling a lot of different emotions rolled into one at the moment. I think it’s going to be hard work but I’m looking forward to pushing myself and playing my songs and seeing new things.


What are you looking forward to most about this tour? Any particular cities/venues you’re looking forward to most?

I’m actually looking forward to being on the road and traveling around. It’s more the in-between places that I’m looking forward to. It’s nice constantly being on the move and it means you never let yourself switch off and you take in a lot more. Oh and Chicago (thanks Bobby!).


You’ll be in Chicago on August 31st, at the Double Door. Have you ever been to Chicago before? (Purchase your tickets for Bobby's show here!)

No I’ve never been. On my street when I was a kid there was a guy my age (about 9) who was called Chicago Chris cos he always would wear his Chicago bulls shirt with Pippin on the back everyday of the year and, he didn’t even like basketball. Maybe I could catch a game or something.


If you had more time in the city while visiting, is there anything in particular you’d like to see/do?

I would just like to hang out in some cool cafes or maybe see some buildings or something. Whatever the cool kids do. Ha (Bobby, you should check out Navy Pier, Millennium Park, or the new Sears Tower Ledge!)


Do you have a favorite song to perform on tour?

It changes everyday. I like playing "The Borough Mill" and "Dancers Dance into the Night" at the moment but I’m quite fickle and tomorrow it will be something different.


Besides actually performing, what is the best thing about touring?

Playing a live show every-night in a different place and to different people. It kinda feels like your going to war in a way except you don’t get shot at and it’s slightly more relaxed. Its just good traveling around and you meet a lot of different people.


You’ve recently posted several new songs on your YouTube account; will those be made available at any point? Is there any significance to pointing the camera to the side of you?

I really don’t like those videos when the singer looks straight into the camera. The reason I did those was my recorder had broken and I really wanted to get those songs out and away from me killing myself re-adapting them. It’s just part of the process of my writing. I almost have to throw them out there to realize if they’re good and if they’re mine. I have changed them since then though but because I wanted to not because they were bouncing of the walls. I’m looking forward to playing them on tour and I may re-cord them in October with a band in a studio.


At the end of this month, after performing at TwiCon, you’re performing with your friends Marcus Foster and Sam Bradley. Are you looking forward to that? Have you three ever performed together?

Yes I’m sure its gonna be a lot of fun. We’ve never performed together at the same show either. I’m not sure well play together but its gonna be good seeing Sam, I’m living with Marcus at the moment but Sam is based in Canada and we both miss him.


Well shortly the three musicians will be reunited, so no worries. Thank you Bobby, for taking time out of preparing for your tour to chat with me! America (and especially Chicago) is eagerly awaiting your return!

For more info: Check out Bobby Long's MySpace or purchase his music on iTunes. If you're interested in Bobby Long, Sam Bradley, and Marcus Foster, make sure you check out The Land of Dreamers!


OCTOBER 2009
23rd NYC ARRIVE NYC NO GIG
24th NYC
25th NYC ARLENES GROCERY BOOKED with Flipron
26th
27th LA HOTEL CAFE BOOKED with Flipron
28th LA HOTEL CAFE BOOKED with Flipron
29th SAN DIEGO UCSD THE LOFT with Flipron
30th
31st MEMPHIS with Flipron Neil's Music Room, Memphis
NOVEMBER 2009
1st NASHVILLE with Flipron
2nd NASHVILLE 3RD & LINDSEY BOOKED with Flipron
3rd
4th TUSCALOOSA ALABAMA
5th ATLANTA GA.
6th TALLAHASSEE FL.
7th TAMPA FL
8th
9th RICHMOND VA.
10th WASHINGTON DC
11th PITTSBURGH PA.
12th COLUMBUS OHIO
13th CHICARGO
14th MINNEAPOLIS MA.
15th KANSAS CITY
16th DENVER
17th
18th SALT LAKE CITY
19th BOISE IDAHO
20th SEATTLE
21st VANCOUVER
22nd
23rd PORTLAND
24th CITY TBC
25th
26th RENO
27th SAN FRANCISCO
28th LA
29th LA ORANGE COUNTY
30th LA
DECEMBER 2009
1st
2nd SAN DIEGO
3rd CITY TBC
4th LAS VEGAS
5th PHOENIX
6th
7th ALBUQUERQUE
8th DALLAS
9th AUSTIN
10th
11th HOUSTON
12th NEW ORLEANS
13th CITY TBC
14th CITY TBC
15th CITY TBC
16th NYC
17th NYC
18th NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment