Tuesday, April 28, 2009

deface my face pls


From inkedmag.com
The blood-sucking vampire from Twilight on wanting more tattoos, causing trouble in boarding school, and dealing with rabid groupies

INKED: Let's talk tattoos. How many do you have?
JACKSON RATHBONE: I only have one right now, but I definitely plan on getting more. My friends and I were kind of the bad kids in school, the troublemakers. We went to Interlochen Arts Academy, this really great boarding school in Michigan, and there were six of us who were always acting out against authority. The school administration was like, "Stay away from those boys-they're ‘Lost Boys,'" so that's what everyone called us. When I was 18, I got a tattoo that says, "I'm lost."

What kind of shenanigans did you guys get into?
Remember the prohibition era? It was kind of like that.

Did you have a speakeasy in your dorm room?
Let's just say we had a lot of alcohol on the premises that we weren't supposed to have. We kept whiskey in shampoo bottles and vodka in conditioner bottles. A few of my friends were actually expelled.

You're in a band too, called 100 Monkeys. So who's wilder-the 100 Monkeys groupies or the Twilight groupies?
We're just so happy to have fans at all. The 100 Monkeys fans are wild-one of my band mates once got molested in a bathroom after a show. The Twilight fans are so amazing-they're always asking me to sign stuff, like their faces, or their cell phones. I'm like, I don't want to de-face your cell phone! And I especially don't want to de-face your face.

Are you signed on for the next Twilight movie, New Moon?
Wait, there's another one? [Laughs.] Just kidding. Yes, I'm on board. I actually go up to Toronto to start training in a few days.

What other tattoos do you plan on getting?
I'd love to get the Rathbone family crest on my back-it would take up my whole back. Our motto is "Suaviter et Fortiter," which means "nicely, but firmly." My dad always taught me that you've got to give respect to get respect, and you've got to give love to get love. Makes sense, right?

2 comments:

  1. he has the best name.

    "i dont want to de-face your face" haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. rathbone family crest!!! shit...i want a family creat...wth

    ReplyDelete