Tuesday, April 14, 2009

come on over to the bitter shade



So which one you ladies will be guilty of the following during Bobby Long's show on Saturday:
a) touching Rob inappropriately
b) shaking and crying during Bobby's fairly mellow and quiet set

c) consuming raw fish at Nobu for a birthday dinner (even though you will have other birthdays!) rather than hearing Let Me Sign live

On a visit today to EW's offices, the lanky, swoopy-haired Brit talked to us about his upcoming American tour dates, and the hazards of ancillary -- if still white-hot -- fame. "Rob gets it 99 million percent more," Long admits, "but it's still mad. He and I went to the premiere in London together, and he was just getting molested right and left. For me, it's clearly not as extreme, but it's still amazing to watch. And you know," he adds with a laugh, "there was free booze everywhere, so we got quite drunk and I just kept bothering the guy from Superbad, McLovin'. He was very nice about it."

Long -- whose stripped-down, acoustic style recalls many of the artists he professes to love, including Elliott Smith, Ryan Adams, and the Felice Brothers, as well as more classic acts like Gram Parsons, Bob Dylan and the Beatles -- would prefer to be known strictly for his music, but he admits that a gift horse's mouth is a tough thing to look into: "Twilight has given me an amazing opportunity, and beggars can't be choosers. I mean, it's gotten me to New York for the first time, and I love it here already. Though I have played a few shows where I worry for certain females in the audience. Sometimes they get so shaky, and I'm like, 'Are you OK? Do you need some water?'"

Bobby's music

Also, I think the chances of the Dazzling One to appear at the show are pretty slim since the entire Cullen family flew into Vancouver today. But maybe they can shoot the birthday scene in less than 5 days????

2 comments: